Because I like to keep myself accountable and also give you an insight into the life of a Nutritionist, I wanted to share with you an update on how my health and wellness goals are going after the first month of 2017.
- I ate 1-2 palm-sized portions of protein dense foods with every meal, including many meatless meals
- I ate 1-2 fists of vegetables with every meal
- I am getting in 4 sessions cardio sessions per week, where I am breaking a sweat. I also did 3 hot yoga classes in January.
- I ate 1-2 thumbs of healthy fats and 1-2 cupped handfuls of smart carbohydrates with most meals (right now, at all meals, and I do want to drop some body fat so I will be reducing this for a little while)
- I have been sleeping an average of 7 hours and 19 minutes to 7 hours and 53 minutes a night per week. However, not every single night was over 7 hours. Some nights were 6 hours while some were 8 or 9 hours. I would like to consistently sleep 7.5-8 hours every night.
- I have been much more mindful of the processed foods I let sneak back into my diet in November and December, and am very happy to report that I have not eaten anything with dairy or eggs in it this month and didn’t do any pizza or Tim Horton’s stops. I did have 3 cookies in the month from a local holistic café (vegan) and enjoyed my dark chocolate every other night.
- I improved the distance I can run in 30 minutes and have not had any post-concussion syndrome symptoms worsening with the exercises that I am doing. Although, I am still keeping things quite low impact. I completed most of my mileage on the bike (96.17 kms). I only ran 15.46 km in January, so I would like to get that mileage higher.
- We meal prepped like CRAZY this month, for the first time. It’s really working for us and making our lives easier during the week, plus we always over cook and have managed to freeze over a week worth of food as well.
- I am still too sedentary on the days I am not doing my cardio session
- I haven’t incorporated full strength training sessions yet; I have just dabbled in some upper body and grip strength for 5-10 minutes after each cardio session
- I am definitely still biting my nails and haven’t made much of an effort with this habit. I’ve got an appointment booked on Friday with my aesthetician to get a manicure, since that’s the only way I can get myself to stop biting in the beginning.
How are your behaviours this month stacking up against the goals you set out for the year and for the month? Take a look inwards and ask yourself if what you are doing is purposeful. Reevaluate your goals and the steps you are taking to accomplish them to make sure you’re still on the right track.