Last updated on April 24th, 2020
Depending on what you ate before your workout, and how close to your workout you ate it, your window of time to eat post-workout varies.
If you’re in a rush and don’t have time to cook a meal, a smoothie is usually the best option.
Athlete Recovery Smoothie
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 handful spinach
- 1.5 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (or milk)
- 0.5 cup fruit (like mixed berries) fresh or frozen
- 1 small banana (or 1 cup mango)
- 1 tbsp flax or chia seeds
- Add ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until well combined. You may need to add more liquid (water) depending on the type of protein powder you use.
Are you stuck in a plateau and can’t seem to get faster, leaner or stronger?
Discover the macros you need to maximize your performance so you can dominate your age group on race day.