Speaking and Press
- Best Foods to Eat Before Running a 10K (Expert Tips)
- Repair and Recover: What to Eat After Your Workout
- Your Pre- and Mid-Workout Nutrition Guide
- How Quarantine Improved Food Habits
- 8 Nutritionists Share How Quarantine Improved Their Food Habits
- How To Keep Your Band at the OCR World Championships
- 7 Steps to Ultra Success: How to Prepare for the Spartan Race Ultra
- 9 Snacking Mistakes to Avoid If You’re Trying to Lose Weight
- 5 Post-Workout Fuel Mistakes You’re Probably Making
- Food for Thought: OCR Nutrition
- Meal Prep and Transfer for Race Day
- What You Should Eat While Running?
- The Ketogenic Diet: Here’s the Skinny for Runners
- The Value of Recovery
- Get Fit the Fun Way: A Beginner’s Guide. to Obstacle Course Racing
Melissa Boufounos Official Bio
Melissa Boufounos is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist and Precision Nutrition Level 2 Coach who helps competitive obstacle course race athletes and hockey players optimize their diet and health so they can maximize their performance potential.
Melissa has been an athlete her entire life – she learned to skate the same year she started walking and played hockey for 17 years. She hung up her skates in 2015 due to Post Concussion Syndrome and has been an OCR athlete since 2013.
As a hockey player, Melissa was drafted to the Canadian Women’s Hockey League (2011), represented Greece at the ISBHF World Ball Hockey Championships (2013) and was a member of the gold-medal-winning Canadian National Ball Hockey Championships team (2014).
As an OCR athlete, Melissa has competed in over 60 races, including the 2016 & 2018 OCR World Championships, 2019 North American OCR Championships. Some of her top finishes include a 2nd place age group podium finish at a Spartan Super in 2018, a 3rd place age group podium finish at a Savage Race in 2018, and a 6th place elite and 1st place age category finish at DeadEnd Race Subzero 2018. She has also completed two Spartan Trifectas (2014, 2015).
Melissa was the Official Nutritionist of OCRWC 2018 and NORAM 2019 and has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Health Leaders by OptiMYz Magazine four years in a row (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021).
Along with her education in Natural Nutrition from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, Melissa is a Precision Nutrition Level 2 Coach. She has a diploma in Broadcast Journalism from Seneca College and a post-graduate diploma in Sports Journalism from Centennial College.